This is a book trailer for my latest book Ani’s Raw Food Essentials. In it, I show you how easy it is to make a delicious, fast, raw food Tomato Chili with Taco Nut Meat, from pages 145-146.
Video TRT: 4 min, 42 sec
Tomato Chili with Taco Nut Meat (bean-free)
Makes 4 servings
A vegetable chili made with chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, celery, mushrooms, and corn kernels. Spiced with cumin, and oregano for a real chili flavor similar to the cooked bean version. Top with Taco Nut Meat for an added layer of texture and south west flavor.
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red and green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushroom, chopped, any type
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 batch Taco Nut Meat, below
Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl, and mix well. Scoop about 1/3 of the mixture into blender and puree. Scoop puree back into mixing bowl.
To serve, scoop into 4 serving bowls. Top with Taco Nut Meat, and enjoy.
Taco Nut Meat
Makes about 1 cup
Walnuts are ground and spiced with cumin and coriander to make this taco flavored nut meat crumble. Use it to top salads, soups, and inside wraps to add taco flavor and texture.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 2 teaspoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon Braggs or Nama Shoyu
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Place walnuts into food processor, and process into small pieces. Add remaining ingredients, pulse to mix well.
Will keep for 1 week in fridge.
For organic ingredients and kitchen tools, visit my estore and Go Super Life!